05 December 2008

5th December: Decorations Part Two

This year I decided to try putting everything out in groups.
Sidetable a glow with lights, and candles:

We have collected a few glass domes, which I put little things under.
What time? Christmas time!:

The tree looks very much like it does every year.
Oh Christmas Tree:

I started making each of us stockings a few years ago. I never ended up making as many as I had hoped. I was rather proud of these three though.
Stockings:

Our lounge room has a high ceiling on the one side. So to make the most of this I have tied baubles from string right across the top of the room.
Bauble garland:

With the left over baubles, I love how delightful they look in glass bowls.

This little silver tree does not get packed away with all the other Christmas things.(It brings us too much pleasure to hide away.) How sweet are the little mirrors all over it. And how they make the light dance.

Another shot of the grouping of candles and lights. How that part of the room shines with all the different types of light.

A much needed reminder of how it might be if Christmas was to be white. I just love snow globes!

It took me two days to getting it looking as I had hoped it might. Now, as I have been saying to my Mam, we just need the get the house smelling of Christmas. (For me the Christmas smell is cinnamon.) There are a few other photos up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment