23 September 2009

23rd September: Where is my wand?!

If today from my cage of closed-minded-ness I am set free; The first thing my eyes would like to see is the smiles that have occurred in silence. My wings stretch in the freedom; having had them folded for so long caused stubborn creases of bad habits that are taking time to straighten out.

This cage of mind started much like a rash, which so suddenly grew, taking inch after inch; changing everything I knew about the world, everything I knew about myself. It took time before I stopped noticing the itching, and accepted my bounding.

Looking back I am someone quite different then who I was before. Although this happens with time, it is not time alone that has caused this transition, but the experience itself.
There is no going back from where I have been, no one can alter that which is now past.

What happened to my wand? The one that changes things... The wand that brings smiles and happiness to the ones I love. I thought I had it once. I thought it was possible to fix everything.
But I cannot do this alone.

I have shed my blinkers, I can see the pain in the world around me. As much as I didn't want to search for it, I can no longer ignore it now either.
But I can try to throw out a life line...

Once I questioned why other people didn't seem to see the beauty in the world... I wondered if they truly could not see it. I have come to understand, that they too could see it, it just takes effort to see it. Which sounds strange, that you have to focus to see the good, but it is very much in the same way as we know, it takes less muscles to smile then to frown... Yet why are there so many sad faces.?!

Today I look for the rainbow, because the clouds are hiding the sun.

~Sarah-Mechelle~

2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying reading and re-reading your words so much Sarah, and your images are perfect accompianment. Bless you sweet friend, for you see that little bit more in life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an amazing way with words, i wish i could express myself like you. :)

    ReplyDelete