16 December 2008

16th December: Dear Garden

The wind has brought with it, what I consider to be the Australian version of tumble weed.
(I am unsure of its proper name.)

It doesn't matter if it has only just been blown in, it has a wonderful way of making the place look abandoned.

My poor garden has been looking after itself this past month. As time is already spread thinly between working on the shop, normal house cleaning and meal making, and a few festive events.

My lily is hiding in there...








The weeds are higher and thicker than the plants. (I've wondered at the speed those weeds can grow at. All other plants take so long to establish to a degree that they can withstand the weather conditions.)
Soon dear garden, soon I will give you the attention you deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment