29 May 2009

Week of Curiosities: Music


I am quite sure there is not a soul alive who could deny their love of music in one form or another. I love how it is the universal language. That it never needs to be explained. How you don't have to be a scholar or well learned to enjoy its moving nature.

Music is its own living entity. It breaths great breaths in the wind, it hums between the grass in an empty field. Made by the sparrow early in the morning, or howled to the moon by the wolf.

Music is the annoying tapping by my brother on the table, the cracking of the wood as it burns.
It is the chime of a child laughing, it is the beating of my heart.



















3 comments:

  1. Oh oh, what a beautiful idea Sarah... those manuscripts are indeed growing, rustling with the landscape. It doesn't seem real - what an artist you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! It reminds me of August Rush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Bek. When I saw it I immediately thought of August Rush. Did you take the photos, Sarah?

    ReplyDelete