20 December 2008

20th December: "From My Window"

"The book is an attempt to express a point of view. What does life look like when one tried to observe it calmly yet eagerly, and sometimes with (I hope) a good-natured smile, from the window?
For each of us has a window behind which he may withdraw and look on for a little while. To do this implies a degree of leisure and detachment; and perhaps some of you who may read this book are too absorbed and involved in daily living to find either the opportunity or the mood.
Nevertheless, a man who makes a journey in difficult country will do all the better if he has a map; the successful fisherman is he who knows and studies the stream in which he angles; and a golfer may save a stroke of two on his round if he is familiar with the general lie of the land. So that it may be interesting to you, perhaps (though I shrink from the presumption of this) even helpful to you, to see how like looks from somebody else's window."
-Taken from the first chaper of "From my window" by 'Philemon'- (Bought on our trip to the southern highlands)

I like the very idea he puts forth, that of taking time to see what is going on around you before rushing into the busyness blindly.

The view from my window...


And the dog that has been barking at me from underneath my window...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much... I love having a glimse through your eyes -outside that window, of that beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete