19 December 2008

19th December: Concert!

Today was the end of year concert my piano teacher likes to put together. It was not a very big one, there were 8 of us performing, and ten of us all up. So small, and (hopefully) meant to be a relaxing kind of concert.

I was ok while sitting listening to my fellow students play their pieces. It is always encouraging listening to others who are in the same boat as you; still learning, and being a little nervous at having to get up, tell what it is they are about to play, and then proceed to the playing there of.

When it was my turn at the keys, suddenly my body decided to start shaking all over. With knees knocking, and goose bumps all down my arms I played my first pieces. Tchaikovsky's 'October', true to form a beautifully romantic tune.
I also performed (for the very first time) a little song of my own that I have been working on for the last couple of months. It was a very delightful feeling being able to share a song with people that you have written yourself, like you are sharing a little part of who you are, a little part of your soul.

All round it was a lovely couple of hours. After all is said (played) and done, you feel such a fool for being so nervous. What better ordiance could be asked for then those who love music, and are learning it along with you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment