23 December 2008

23rd December: Family Traditions

It has long been a tradition in our family to open our presents to each other before Christmas day. Keeping to tradition there was no exception this year.

Very excitedly we each handed out the gifts that have been under the tree for the last week or so.

My wonderful family gave me a three book collection of Shakespeare works. I have read some of his plays and poems; (always wanted to read all of them!) And now I have all the time I will need to do that!



I also got a compass which came in its own little box. I love things like this.



At this time of year there are a few of us having birthdays close to Christmas, so we like to make a bigger fuss of each persons birthday. I think sometimes when you get too carried away worrying what to get people you forget the whole reason you wanted to give them a gift in the first place. As far as I'm concerned that defies the point of giving.

This year I would like to say, enjoy this time you get to spend with those you love. Because too soon the lighthearted spirit of the season passes, and life begins again. Too soon stresses find there way back in, and distractions come between us just that little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment