31 December 2008

29th December: Summing Up 2008

Like many people, at this time of year I like to stop and have a look at all that has happened throughout the last 52 weeks.

I have learnt many things this year. The importance of those you love, that beauty is always there it's only waiting for you to find it, the difference between dreaming and doing; though I think above all of these, I have learnt (and truly understood) that there are things that are out of our control. It is not in giving up that makes us stronger, but in keeping to our coarse when the fog of doubt and fear is thick.

This year has seen me run a food stall at a festival, spend countless hours in front of those beautiful black and white key of my piano, try my hand (and mind) at writing a 50,000 word novel in a month, help do up a house for my grandparents, make new friends, attempt to learn a new language, work on a building that soon will be our shop, read a number of good books, read some not so good books, buy my first car, turn 20 years old...

How do you sum up a whole year with words? When there are things I'm sure I haven't even realised to have learnt. Could a life ever be recorded properly? I don't believe so!

No comments:

Post a Comment