13 December 2008

13th December: A Poem

The wind blows strong against these four walls.
How I trust on their strengh to withstand the force thrust up on them.
I watch through my walls of glass the trees bending,
Leaves holding on for their dear life.

There is no end to the blowing,
Make it stop.
Tears running down my cheek,
Eyes puffy, in the stinging.

Goodbye my almost lover.
Did you come and go with the wind.
When did I make it that easy to walk straight in and out,
Of my life.

Where did my four walls disappear to?
Did I have too much faith in you?

I have wondered so far,
That the wondering turned into lostness.
Is there anyone here with me,
Where did my hometown go...

Time has seen me here before,
When did he become a friend of mine.
So fast he is taken away,
No matter how fast I chase, I miss him.

Do they run because of me
These two fast and uncatchable forces?
Why is there a desire within my heart
To be free as they have become.

Could I escape these four walls,
That from a refuge turned into my cell.
What was once glass,
Now houses iron bars.

Fear the ruler of my heart.
Fear of singing, of seeing, of believing,
Of living, of finding happiness,
Without you in it.

You became the aurora of my world,
Colours that let me smile,
Music to make me dance.
Shows that we were united.

Each day my soul cries to dance again with you,
My eyes long for your glow.
To be rid of this tyrant of fear,
I'm ready to breath in the sun again with you.

Let this wind take me with it,
The girl I once was is now the ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment