18 December 2008

18th December: Out and About

Drives are always exciting, often because you are rewarded for sitting patiently still for a number of hours by arriving somewhere you may not visit all that much.

My reward was a 'girls'(Grandma, Mother, Sister) day out in the Southern Highlands.
Over the years we have learnt that taking Brother, (and if for too long Father), is considered in their eyes a kind of bitter-sweet torture. Bitter, having to go from shop to shop; Sweet, getting to stop at numerous cafe's for coffees and cakes.

One shop that has been a family favourite over the years, (Yes even the men), is Peppergreen in Berrima. There is one (or hundreds) of everything and anything in there.

Cabinets of vintage ribbons, cottons, buckles, and thousands of buttons.


Old estate jewelery, (I could not resist taking this photo!)


Bone china plates, bowls, rolling-pins, thimbles, and many other china items...


Walls full of antique quilts, sheets, fabric, napkins.


Old kitchen utensils of all kinds...


Tins, and books, glassware, the list could go on. Before I knew it I had taken near on thirty pictures in that one shop alone!

Lunch was consumed at the charming Elephant Boy Cafe in Bowral. What a delightful little spot! I found my food (Which was Divine) going down in lumps, as I was too curiously looking around. There's a lot to be seen there.


All up the day brought many smiles, and laughs, and long talks. Me getting way too excited entering some shops, not knowing which way to point first!


The heavens opened up, closing the day quite fittingly for the drive home. That is with each of us getting wet as we walked back to the car from the other end of town.

1 comment:

  1. What eye candy! I'd be smiling too if I'd seen so many delightful goods... And my, you have a beautiful smile Miss Middlpaw.

    ReplyDelete