31 December 2008

31st December: Hip Hip Horay!

December 31st is a very special day this year as it is my Grandma's 80th Birthday.
I thought that today I might share the story that I have always loved to hear her tell about the excitement of what happened all those years ago.

A local shop owner had promised to give a pram away for free for the first baby born in the New Year. And so sure was my great Grandma that it would be her baby, she did not buy a pram.

This pram had been in the window for most of the month of December and soon it would be taking my Grandma home.

It was always at this part of the story my Grandma would tell me how she never did like to take her time, and to this day she likes to be early to any appointment.

True to form my Grandma surprised everyone by arriving very close to midnight on New Years eve. I'm sure great Grandma must have been a little put out on having to go and buy a pram after the baby was born only minutes before the count down.

It was only today Grandma was saying how every year there are fireworks on her birthday. As silly as it sounds I had never thought of that fact before. Though how exciting that must be, most everybody ready for a celebration on your birthday.

So it is there I will say, Happy Birthday dear Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, :)
    I found your blog through your mums whom left me a note, so i hope you dont mind. :)
    I love reading your blog, will add it as a fav. You are so inspiring and dreamy! :)
    Hope your well, and hope to hear from you real soon. Take care,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete