01 January 2009

1st January 2009


2009, what, really??!

No matter how much warning I am given about the fact that very shortly one year will end, opening up to a new year; I find myself standing alone, (no matter how many people may be around me), holding a sparkler and listening to some kind of count down, followed by a cheer of Happy New Year. I float in a daze for a little while...

I've always found it funny how one second can mean the difference between one hour and the next, the difference of one day into another, the closing of one year opening a new.

Though is it that first second that counts, the second that changes into these new days or years, or the millions of others that follow it. How much power does it hold; when only together, second after second becomes precious time.

This year I want to fill as many of those seconds as I can with love for those around me, living with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment