30 January 2009

30th January: An Equal Music

I have finally finished book one for 2009. Reaching 50 could be a bigger challenge for myself then I first anticipated it might.
I absolutely love reading, if only time permitted me more chance to turn a few pages. When did the days become so short, as kids time moved so slowly. What happened?!

The book I have reached the back cover of is 'An Equal Music' by Vikram Seth. As the title might suggest it is about music; following the life of a violinist in a string quartet. His life as a musician, his love of music, and finding lost love.
It truly has caught what music can mean; the heart of one man.

"A chance sighting on a bus; a letter which should never have been read; a pianist with a secret that touches the heart of her music... An Equal Music is a book about love, about the love of a woman lost and found and lost again; it is a book about music and how the love of music can run like a passionate fugue through a life."
(copied from the back cover)



A wonderful book whether you are a musician or a romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment