10 January 2009

10th January: Moondance

The air outside has cooled,
a breeze gently touches my skin,
before continuing on its journey.
The sun is visiting the other side of the world;
frogs and cicadas chant there evening song,
somewhere not too far away a dog barks.
I take a walk down the garden path,
your light shines bright on this summer night.
My eyes turn heaven ward,
the stars twinkling...
Your glow is coming around that tree,
thou your face is hid from my sight,
I stub my toe, (it hurts)
causing me to stumble forward,
It is from this new viewing point I see you.
You are beautiful tonight.
Though my camera is in my room.
I will see you again before a new day dawns.
Anything can happen, with you above my head.






"What a marvelous night for a moondance,
with the stars up above in your eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment