12 January 2009

12th January: Floating

While floating in the water, with my eyes to the sky, I remember that scene in Everafter. It is an unreal feeling drifting weightlessly across the surface of water. I imagine it would be similar to that of flying, or at least I would like to think it to be.



This reminded me of a game I used to play as a child. I would lay on my back for hours; it didn't matter where, in the grass, in a room through the house. I would picture the world with everything on the floor now upon the ceiling, or up in the sky. Thinking up ways I would make it work. For some reason I liked the fact that my doors where never flush with the 'floor.' I would think of myself climbing over these obstacles.

I wondered if God saw us only from the top 'view,' or was He inside each of our walls, seeing us as though in a mirror...?

I loved to move items around in my head, the picture that clear in my mind, that upon reopening my eyes I was surprised that it remained in its original spot.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean, i love floating in the ocean,or lying on grass, i think its the most peaceful thing ever.

    thanks so much for your lovely comment! i appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete