20 January 2009

20th January: Epoch Times

Each week after a day in town, my Grandpa will tell me that he has 'it' for me...
For those in the know, (which soon you shall be), the 'it' is my copy of the Epoch Times.

The Epoch Times is a free news paper which is printed once a week,
Despite how I have tried to find this paper I never can.
Hence why my Grandpa will pick me up one with his own.
On the whole I am not a huge news paper reader,
Yet when it comes to this particular paper I go weak at the knees.
To be honest I'm not even sure when it came about that I started reading it,
A year? Two?

Now when approaching the task of reading through said paper,
one must be armed with a pair of scissors, as there is -every time- an article I would like to keep. Whether it be for research purposes, story ideas, or simply a spark of curiosity.

It takes me a good two hours to go from front to back pages,
snipping, reading, pondering...
This week's edition came with no exception.
The articles which made it into my journal this week include:

"Climbing robots put to work"
"Happiness is contagious, study finds"
"Ancient submerged cities - rethinking our ancestry"
"Brainwashing the whole country and turning it into a 'mind prison'"
"Mummy thought to be Queen Seshestet found in Egypt"

No comments:

Post a Comment