23 January 2009

23rd January: Life Sort

Every month or so I have a little panic moment come over me;

Nothing is where it should be,
I have no room to move on my desk,
Countless 'to do lists' threaten my spare time,
Each draw is too full,
New ideas keep flooding in...

I think you get what I am saying. My room, plans, and mind get a little over loaded. That is when that panic comes. It is the panic of needing it sorted NOW!
To be honest I was surprised to have my first little sorting session already for 2009. (I'm sure I was all neat and prepared leaving last year behind.)

One hour in, and I had finished the top draw of the desk. Boy is that sad!
Though it did speed up after that. It always is that top draw that gets you, you know, the easiest one to open and drop those odd 'I'll sort it later' items in.

My favourite thing about this private sort, is it does offer time to sort out those one-liners that you scribbled down so you wouldn't forget to expand upon the thought; Time to go through all those darn lists that rule your life and figure out exactly how many years worth of odd jobs you still have left to get to; Time to find out where you've wondered to.

It is my time to set a time to get these things done. Being this organised is a complex, complicated job.

No comments:

Post a Comment