17 January 2009

16th January: Shape-O Ball

This evening I went to my first Tupperware party. (Unless I am allowed to include those attended as a child with my mother...)

To be totally honest I hadn't realised that there were still such parties. Not that I had any reason to give it any thought until now.

I couldn't believe how it was all the plastic-ware I had grown up with. I knew many of them. Only now they come in funkier colours. Out of every thing there, the one thing I got most excited about was this:


(All those who had one of these as a kid please raise your hand... *I raise my hand*)
Seeing this thing (which I found out is called the Shape-O Ball) brought back so many memories of days spent in front of the toy-box that was in the room my brother and I shared.
When I mentioned to Mam about my excitement of rediscovery, (That sounds so sad!) She told me how she got to hating the thing. After just having picked up our mess, or vacuuming the carpet I would always grab that toy, pull on those yellow handles and let the shapes go everywhere. Oh the fun of it!

Every child should get the pleasure of playing with a Shape-O Ball!!

No comments:

Post a Comment