28 January 2009

28th January: Up a Ladder

I have acquired a new kind of balance being up a ladder for so many weeks in a row. In the beginning the ladder would have to be perfectly level, with no wobble to it or I would stiffen up with every move. Now it doesn't seem to bother my legs so much. The breeze no longer feels like it is trying to blow me over, and I've even caught myself jumping off from the third step. I feel like a cat lady.

Boy is that building a long way around!
With it being so hot during the day, we have become a bit like owls.(I'm not sure if owls is really what I mean, its the only word that will come right now though)
Up before the sparrow, painting till it warms up- that is around 12ish.
Afternoon breaks, well, catching up with all those other jobs.
Then back in the evenings to finish what had been started.

One thing I do think feels quite unreal/strange is climbing to the top of a ladder that is in the middle of nowhere. And not holding on to anything when you get to the top. Its almost as though your hovering above the ground, like you can feel the world spinning. Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment