02 January 2009

2nd January: Lord Here I Stand

If here I stand with a sparkler in my hand,
Dazed, in wondering,
How through one more year You have kept me safe.
This date in history can now be written down,
No one can change that I have been here.

I stand in a doorway that offers me such hope.
As by the passing of a second,
My faith in change,
and strength has grown.
To include in my believing that I might be,
Someone much better then I am.

A person who laughs, and dances and sings,
With dreams, and goals, and charity.
That I have been given more time than I've spent,
Already behind me a lifetime ago.
Lord here I stand, before you once more,
Has it been so long since my last call?

Teach me to love, to give of myself.
In times to remember that I'm not alone.
Above all dear Lord,
I pray from you now
Give me strength to forgive,
As only You know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment