22 January 2009

22nd January: New Shoes!

After a day out with Mother and Sister... I came home with goodies!

I am most happy about being the proud owner of these:




Aren't they just glorious?!

In the store while trying these on, I was doing a little jig for Mother and Sister, when behind the shelving a head came round, followed by a voice saying how great those shoes are... Yes, I was caught by the shop assistant, doing a little dance.
This brought to mind many funny ways we have of getting out of these embarrassing moments.

1) Carry on with your happy dance, with a big smile upon your face
2) Act as though you were just looking at something else
3) Quickly ask a question of the lady,
or
4) Go very red in the face, look down at your feet, and pretend you cant hear Mother and Sister getting a great crack out of the whole scene.

For the record, I think in my embarrassment I was a mix of 1 and 4.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I sincerely hope that we will get more dances out of you in the future. What about dancing down the aisle at Coles when you see your favourite biscuits on special? Or doing a jig at the deli counter, when the only sliced beef left to buy is the rare beef? Now that would be something to write home about...

    ReplyDelete