04 May 2009

4th May: Pumpkin Ball

I know it has been a terribly long time since I have posted. Especially when I have had such exciting things to blog about. This past weekend has been filled with Pumpkins in forms of the Ball on Friday, followed by the Festival on Sunday.


(Emily and I masked for the ball)



As frantic as I had become during Friday afternoon, fretting that it would never be ready in time, everything turned out beautifully for the Pumpkin Festival Masquerade Ball.




I have learnt many things in the process of organising this event. As challenging as it has been, (and stressful) I feel proud that it came together.

Although the evening proved to be enjoyable in many ways; dancing!, talking, eating, getting pictures taken, laughing a whole lot ect. Friday was a very special day for another reason to. It was my parents 28th wedding anniversary. To celebrate this, (and embarrass them just a bit) Sam arrived, with flowers in hand, and addressed the whole tent of 80 people with a speech and toast to my loving parents.


(My Adorable Parents)






It was only after dinner that the real fun began. I had been concerned that hiring a band by the name of 'The Lumpy Underdacks' could come back to haunt me. (What was I thinking?) It turned out that not only were they a local band, they were/are also a great band! Dancing started around 9.30pm and we only stopped at 2.30am, because they had to pack up.


(The Lumpy Underdacks, doing their thing)



It was wonderful fun dancing.

All round it turned out to be an enjoyable evening, even if I did spend much of it running around after different things.


(All photos taken by Fred Harden, many thanks)

1 comment:

  1. It was such a splendid night my dear; and you really did look beautiful. The Lumpy Underdacks were surprisingly fabulous, so was your little brother!

    ReplyDelete