28 April 2009

28th April: Today I'm Thankful For!

Today I find comfort in amazingly awesometastic friends who make up whole academy's so as to send me letters from them. In doing so, bring my heart a great amount of encouragement. (Thank you)

For Pumpkin pies with maple syrup drizzled on top, hot from the oven.

In finally deciding upon a dress to wear to a Ball.

In taking a hurried drive into town to find we have missed the bank, but that means a coffee with a very special Mother.

Puppies who are always excited to see you upon a return, even if you never left.

Buying packets of glitter, which I never grow tired of seeing, and is not used hardly enough throughout the world.

The realising that God saw fit to give me today!

Stolen moments playing new tunes upon my dusty ivory. Imagining the possibilities of a simple melody that has been caught up in my mind for days. Getting to let it into the air through my fingers.

Warming frozen legs by a wood fire, that makes the house smell of burning dirt and smoke.

Curry with Rice.

New colourful scarf that shimmers in the light, with little platted tassels on the ends.

Often it is when you feel overcome by goings on, that is the time most of all you need to find these things that have made you smile. Because it is what gives your heart strength to carry on.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous28 May, 2009

    Hi Sarah
    I hope you dont mind, but I was looking on Missy's blog and I remembered yours as being Middlepaw and bam! there you were. It's me Tracey Newman, from years and years ago. I am stunned by how you've grown into such a talented young girl, one that God has blessed with such talents. I have seen pictures on your blog of your dear mum, dad, your dear sister and your brother Sam. My, how you have all changed. Sam is now a young man - goodness how time flies. My email in case you may want to keep in touch, or give to your mum is tracey.lee@westnet.com.au. Congratulations on your cafe. Lots of luck with it. Please give my best to your dear mum and dad.

    Yours in Christ
    Tracey Newman

    ReplyDelete