27 May 2009

27th May: Poem to Share...

As my eyes begin to close now; as these tears roll down my cheek.
What could I have ever done Lord, to repay the debt I owe?

Now these tears that down my face are falling, they do stain like drops of blood.
How could I have known the pain you went through, just to save my weary soul.

Lost in darkness, I wondered alone. Hidden in my own desires.
The path of truth my feet did lose, the way of light for me grew dark.

A look around is all I wanted, until that second turned to years.
Before I knew how long I had looked away, I went missing within myself.

I thought I could walk these paths without you, though my feet began to slip.
Afraid, alone, all my doing; no one to know the last breath I took.

Who will come and be by me, as I go now to face my doom?
My head hangs low as I recall, the pitiful state I made for myself.

When life seemed to come to the closing, eternity now waiting for me,
A prayer within my heart, a longing: "if only to had offered praise."

So these tears began their flowing, from the soul that now could see;
A waisted life, lay out behind me, a path of footprints in the sand.

Through blurry eyes, I saw a hand offered. I was pulled up off the ground.
And a voice, I heard it saying: "I would never leave your side."

Dear Lord you came for this poor sinner, that wondered from your loving care.
Now to you my life I'm giving... Help me stand in truth and love.

Oh, these tears that from my eyes are flowing, they do mean the world to me.
For to think of what You went through, and my life is all I could give.

With faith and love I hope to praise you. With my every waking hour.
Help me to believe and remember, the cost of one lost weary soul.

I had wondered to and fro, across the unforgiving sands;
And to think that you came looking, for the lost sheep that I am.

Thankyou Lord above in Heaven, Thankyou Father, Holy Ghost...
For the Son that you sent for us, for the price you paid for me.
~Sarah-Mechelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment