17 April 2008

Floating Thoughts

My Grandpa brought up a good point of thought. He told me how years ago he had this idea... There was no real cause in his life to have thought up this idea, it didn't take him long to decide upon different complications this idea might hold, how he could market the finished product, what would be the advantages and disadvantages of having this product. He told me how it seemed as though he had plucked this idea from the sky. Because there was no relevance connecting him to the thought.


Grandpa went into some depth of telling me how he had 'seen' this great plan, the different ways he had thought of going about making it. He told me that it was over forty years ago he had gone down this path of thought.

Finishing, he mentioned how in the morning news paper this very same idea, (random, expensive, unproven), had been pulled down from the sky. "They" (whomever the "THEY" always are) were up to the testing part of the project, soon to be released on the market.

Through out this whole conversation I could not help but picture bubbles with different thoughts or ideas within them; floating above our heads like balloons, waiting for someone to grab hold of their strings...

Since then I have not been able to rid myself of the idea of floating thoughts. In my own mind I had to find a way of finishing my Grandpa's story. There just seemed to be too many ways it could end. Here is mine.

My Grandpa never truly understood why he had been given this thought, he knew nothing about the topic involved. He felt no passion for the idea found within the bubble; he didn't even know at the time he had caught it. So, he let go. And its been floating in the skies above the heads of people for forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment