19 April 2008

Changing THIER World

I thought I wanted to change the world, but instead, I'd rather make the lives around me happier.

It is true, there have been such ideas in my head of changing things I could never have a hope of changing. What is more, that most of these ideas never really affected me directly.

When I look around and find that there are people I care for who seem to be caught in some glitch, some dark place that is taking their smiles away. Then I realise, that is the real world I want to change. The world of THEIR lives.

Many times throughout my life I had wished I knew more people. I wished I had friends. It was only in this past year of my life I realised that I didn't deserve to know more people. I couldn't even make sure that the people I called friends knew that I would be there if they ever needed anything.

If anyone would have asked if I would be there for them, without hesitation I would run to their beckoning call. But what I realised is that being there for someone doesn't mean that much if your not willing (or in my case, brave) enough to warn a friend that they are heading into trouble. It is easy to point fingers, and tell yourself that you care, but sometimes caring and warning can take away what we thought was the 'closeness' we had with some one. Sometimes warning someone out of love causes you to loose them. Because no one wants to be told that where they are heading will lead to pain, no one wants to hear that they are wrong.

Too often in life we turn on those who have been brave enough to warn us. Too often we loose the people who care for us the most. Is it ever too late to find that caring soul? Is it ever too late to forgive??

No comments:

Post a Comment