24 November 2008

Mixed Feelings

On Saturday my dear little Bucko died. It is ever so sad to lose a pet(family member). He was such a sweet little chap.




When it came time to dig him a grave, my sister commented that I had nearly reached China. I simply didn't want anything to dig him up. His Christmas ornament that hung in his cage is what I used as a 'grave stone.'



I know it can sound quite foolish, maybe I attach myself too deeply to beings, but I will miss my little man.

Sunday proved to be a very welcomed distraction to my sadness.



Visiting friends,
Lovely flowers,
Long talks,
Many laughs,
House and garden tours,
Rainy skies,
Beef kebabs and sausages,
Delicious cakes,
Chocolates,
Bowls of cherries,
Blood orange flavored fizzy drinks,
Warm fire burning,
And many cups of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your dear friend Bucko; but you will always live with fond memories of him. Thank you for all your thoughtful comments on my blog (does make a girl smile) - those cherries look delicious, and enticing, and make me want some.. very much.

    ReplyDelete