24 April 2009

24th April: Pumpkin Ball

I am involved in a community group that is organising the annual Pumpkin Festival our town hosts.
This year my sister and I have been put in charge of organising the Pumpkin Ball that runs alongside the festival.
We have chosen the theme of masquerade; mystery and enchantment. The Ball will be held in a week today, and there is still quite a bit of work to be done for everything to be ready.
We have a local band playing on the evening, there will be live auctions, and miscellaneous prizes handed out on the evening.

Being involved at such a level has really taken me out of my comfort zone. I have done things I never thought I could/would. This afternoon I had an interview on live radio regarding Ball and Festival. I was terrified! I've found auction items, talked with caterers, made tremendous amounts of calls to sell tickets... It has been like a full time job. I am just about ready to see the end of it now.

One of the last things I have to panic over is finding a dress and mask. I've been that busy telling others not to forget to wear a mask on the evening that I forgot to look for one of my own.

There will be photos of the event up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh I'm so excited! I've got my mask and dress ready (though its going to be a bit of trial getting it in some sort of bag to take down; maybe I could wear it on the train?). After this is all over; you can look back and feel proud of all the hard work you've put into it :)

    ReplyDelete