17 April 2009

17th April: A Grave Tale


I bought myself a new book! It smells of bleach and fresh printing ink.
I hadn't realise until waiting in line to pay that the author has brought the book out in two covers. This makes me immensely happy. Not only are there two covers but within each cover there is a different illustrator. Straight away the reader has a choice of how he would like to approach the story before reading a word.
I know that throughout the ages people say not to judge a book by it's cover. But I just cant help it! For the most part it works for me!



Neil Gaiman has fast made his way to be one of my favourite author. He does not hesitate at approaching a complex theme, while leaving you longing for more by the time you have come to the last page.

(Take a guess at which cover I chose..?)

No comments:

Post a Comment