21 April 2009

21st April: Out-House Studio!

This evening, Sam and I went and did our bit for the community album.
For the second year a local musician has put his time into writing some songs, and recording tracks, to make a 'locals' CD.

(Setting up the mixing board)


This is the second year he has asked Sam and I to be involved. We arrived at the "Out-House Studio" just after seven, and after numerous takes, laid down vocals for three tracks.

(Sam and I doing our thing)


As he hopes to have the Cd ready for sale by the annual Pumpkin Festival our town hosts each year, which is taking place in ten days, we wont be able to hear the final mixed version until pretty much the Festival day. Which is both exciting and scary at the same time!

(My song as it looks on the program)


Although it is not my first time recording, I still found great amusement in popping my lips into the mic, it lets of the most fascinating sound when the reverb is on.

(Sam starting to get into his groove)


If it is at all possible, or rather if I can figure out how to do it, I hope to post my track up here. We'll see how it all works out. So keep looking back to see if its up!

No comments:

Post a Comment