08 October 2008

A Week's Worth of Update..

I have finished up at my old job. Monday was my last day. It is both exciting and scary leaving to start something of my own. The realisation of how much needs to be learnt, researched, and done has hit me much like a bus at full speed. I had been telling myself that I would be able to get so much more done when I didn't have to worry about having a second job, though now I can see how everything has just piled up out of control on me. I have a mountain to face over the next couple of months, and I just pray it wont collapse on top of me!

I was very excited as I completed my first welding job. I had to weld little tapped 'nuts' in RHS legs for benches that will have adjustable feet.



(In the words of my brother... Ain't it a sexy weld?!!!)


I remember as a kid I would get really worried that there would be somethings that I would just never be able to do; things like be able to swallow a tablet, (I had great difficulty at this task well up to the age of 12), I even had visions of being old and having to have liquid panadol. Another thing was being able to drive a car, not that I found it hard to learn when I was old enough, I just never was able to picture me driving. And my last thing was being able to weld!! I only realised the other day that I have passed those things I was so afraid of not being able to do.
I am trying to keep that in my mind as many things at the moment seem unreachable, and very overwhelming.

We have had drives into town, where you are allowed to act a little crazy!!




I will finish this very week's worth of update with my creation of the day...

Dinner!!!


(Steak and Kidney)

No comments:

Post a Comment