10 October 2008

I'm A Lucky Girl!!!

I have just arrived home from a bit of a farewell afternoon tea with my old work colleagues. The boss man had been away for my last shift, so it was postponed until today.
I realised that I will miss working there. It has been a very long three years, and I have learnt many things, and grown up during my time there.
I have had the pleasure of working with some nice people that I can now call friends.
For a parting gesture they gave me The Silver Spoon, signed by all. (I wanted to jump up and down over the perfect choice of gift, I had wished to one day buy that book!!!)
My boss was telling me the story behind this particular book, how in Italy this book has been given to many a bride, and Silver Spoon is the English translation of that traditional book.(Il cucchiaio d'argento)

"It sometimes seems that Italians learn to cook before they learn to talk and their skills are handed down from one generation to the next. The perfection of Italian cookery has been achieved through centuries of testing in family kitchens, with millions of dishes served to the most discerning of critics. The Silver Spoon is the result of a labour of love, with only the very best recipes from Italian families and cooks within its covers." ~SS

No comments:

Post a Comment