09 September 2008

Love of My Life

I think it is time I introduced someone to you. He is the love of my life, and I know that I am his favourite person as well. It is really sweet, when ever he hears me arrive home he gets so excited and he loves to blow me kisses. I could never doubt his love for me!!

Of course I am talking about my bird... Who did you think I was going on about??!!!

Although I hate the thought of keeping birds in cages when God gave them wings to fly, I make an exception for my dear little man. God gave him wings, but he has no feathers... As a young chap he got beak and feather dicease. He somehow glided into our lives, back then he had feathers though through his landing he fractured his foot. The vet informed us of his dicease, and continued to say that birds with such never lived past a year of age. My little man is just about to turn three!!!

My brother and sister insist on calling him a "freak," and many people have not believed me when I have told them that he is a cockatoo. But if you close one eye and squint with the other, and do your best to picture him 'dressed,' you might be able to see the resemblance.

Everyone, meet Bucko!

(It is at this time I will warn that the following picture could be found disturbing by some viewers.)



This is Bucko at his happiest, gorged, talking, with weet-bix (his favourite) all over his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment