23 September 2008

Did I Dream It?

Did I walk straight past you in my hurry to no where?
Did I miss your hand extended, finger-tips reaching with their might to take hold upon my arm as I blundered on in my self inflicted bondage to the rat-race i called my life?
Did you call for me above the hustle and bustle of the streets around, and I told you to shush for I was waiting on God for a sign?
Did I turn, and flash a smile upon your sad face, promising you a moment of my time, just not now?
Did I stand impatiently looking into your eyes while you tried to explain life's importance to me, and I allowed myself to be distracted by the going's on of life around me?
Did I see a tear run down your cheek as I turned back to wave, on my way to the 'all important' plan I had made for myself?
Was it you who's footsteps I would hear behind me; your face I would see out my window at night?
Was it hard to stop pursuing me, when I had taken no notice of you in years?
Will you answer this door I stand before, this door which fronts your home?
Did you ever think you'd find me here, hidden behind the door you just opened?
Ashamed at the lack of charity I offered - Ashamed now to ask it of you...
A moment of your time to listen to my feeble apology.

1 comment:

  1. Will you take my feeble apology for treating YOU this way? Love forever,

    ReplyDelete