11 February 2011

Mr Cloud


"Looking down at the clouds for the first time.
Their roughed up surface, soft.
If I dove into you, would you catch me? Could I run along you, for at your edge I'm sure I saw time's sly smirk daring me to chase him.

I thought I'd seen the end of the earth before,
the point where I'd fall off if I were to pass further.
Where your sister the ocean may have dropped me into the center core. 
However your blurry white end promises of a place where only peace is known.
(Do the stars shine brighter, look bigger, sing louder?)

"Mr Cloud, do you mind sharing the blue skies with me?"

I have never seen the folds in the earth like this, the wrinkling of the ground like the leather-look of a face well worn.
The tips of the mountains stretch out their height to see this beautiful day that is hidden from the land. Can I ever again look up at a grey sky and take it seriously, when I now know it's secret.
I know of the beauty it hides."

This week we took a trip to Melbourne. Along with the many new things/places I got to see, it was my first time in an aeroplane. Above (^) are thoughts scribbled while I was up in the sky, a little closer to heaven.
I have lots of pictures to share with you from the trip!

Have a glorious weekend birdies,
Love
~Sarah~


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I knew those clouds would set you off. I knew that your pen would dance with glee across the page.. Love, xxx

    ReplyDelete