15 June 2009

15th June: French Films

There is something quite different about foriegn films. They tell their stories in a rather particular way, quite unique from us. Maybe it is something to do with the translation that is given, or even that it is all spoken in words uncomprihencible in my mind, but either way they have a way of touching ones heart.

The order of the day has been french films. Starting with Amilie, which captured my imagination, and lifted what had been a gloomy day (tired of sitting idoly still with face-ache).


Amelie is a girl after my own heart. Wanting to find ways to brighten the days of those within the reach of her life. Although maybe not knowing how to approach certain situations, she does what she can to bring happiness, love.



One of my favourite scenes is where Amelie's father will not consider taking a trip anywhere after having been a widower for many years. To encourage a holiday Amelie takes his dearly loved garden gnome, and sends him on a world tour. Every week or so after the gnome's 'mysterious' disappearance, there is a letter received containing a photo of the gnome in different cities of the world.



I also loved this:

I promised myself I would try this first chance I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment