13 June 2009

13th June: Small Mercies

Amidst the busy time we find ourselves to be in at the moment,
days spent groggily between bed and couch
bring with them a certain amount of frustration.

Swollen cheeks,
liquid foods,
tiredness,
dazy from the pain-killers...

My sanity today has been found in mash potato and gravy.
In finishing books that have laid un-open for weeks,
Adding many albums to my itunes library, (that I have had piled high for too long)
In having the puppies happily fall asleep on my lap
Having time to think, I mean the thinking that you often put off because you tell yourself that you cannot waste your time on such foolishness
In waking up from numerous naps
Being taken care of by caring family members,
Drinking cups of tea, made and delivered by Dad
In watching films all of my choosing
Snuggling under doonas,
Wearing thick knitted socks from Grandma
In listening to opera while it rains outside
And in reading inspiring words that made me look for the good things, when I wanted to be miserable.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you dear Sarah. I can empathise completely with how you are feeling.. but you must take it easy, rest and care for your soul... the world, in all its beauty and possibility will wait always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, :)
    Hope your feeling better soon. Relax, and rest and take care of yourself. I have heard many a story about getting wisdom teeth out... hope yours went ok. Thinking of you, and wishing you good health very soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete