19 October 2011

Drinkable LOVE


The sun has started to warm our days a little more, and this has resulted in lunch and 'smoko' breaks being enjoyed in our front courtyard/garden. 
In celebration of this new found warmth - a jug of blueberry iced tea.
I had never tried it with blueberries before, however the end result is a refreshing delightfully blushed treat.

How I did it...
Two lemons, juiced
300g (ish) of frozen blueberries
2.5 litres of water, boiled
8 Australian Breakfast tea bags (my favourite daily blend...!)
Caster sugar to taste.

Simmer lemon juice and blueberries for 5 minutes, till the berries turn soft.
Boil water, after boiling remove from heat.
Steep tea bags to desired strength.
Sift berry mix into 'tea'.
Add sugar to taste.


I added a few whole berries to my glass for extra decadents.
OH YEAH!

Love 
Sarah-Mechelle

2 comments:

  1. what a delicious spring drink :) I will be sure to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. blueberry iced tea?!?!?!
    this sounds fab! :D

    ReplyDelete