22 April 2011

He Died For Me

"I saw one hanging on a tree,
in agony and blood;
He fixed His languid eyes on me,
as near His cross I stood.
Sure, never till my latest breath,
can I forget that look;
It seemed to charge me with His death,
tho' not a word he spoke.
My conscience felt and owned the guilt,
and plunged me in despair;
I saw my sins His blood had spilt
and helped to nail Him there.
Alas! I knew not what I did -
but now my tears are vain;
Where shall my trembling soul be hid?
For I the Lord have slain.
A second look He gave which said,
"I freely all forgive;
This blood is for they ransom paid,
I die that thou may'st live."

Oh can it be upon a tree the Savior died for me?
My soul is thrilled, my heart is filled,
to think He died for me!
-Edwin Excell-



A day to reflect on a sacrifice made that changed this world and the next for all eternity.
Growing up, knowing why we celebrate what was the saddest day the world will ever see, there have been times when I can hardly conceive of this love and mercy God extends to me.

Today Christ was crucified for my sins,
Today Christ lifted my burden,
Today Christ took my place,
Today Christ paid it all.

I will never be worthy of this gift, however I will be eternally grateful.

Love
~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment