01 October 2009

1st October: The hunt!


The wonderful curiosities one can find, hidden in a dusty old furniture shop!

One of the rewards of a spontaneous hour spent with Mam in a overcrowded second-hand shop.


Although it can be a bit of a fight finding a way around said kind of stores, squeezing between cupboards and chairs, and any other number of unique, loved items; The truth of the matter is, we would have them no other way.

What fun would the hunt be if there was no fight to be had?!

Not that we went looking for anything. Spending the time together, talking and laughing and imagining what could be done would have been enough for me. Though there are somethings that cant be walked past!

I love the way that shopping with my Mam is each of us finding something, pointing it out to find that exact item already either in the sights or hands of the other! This is quickly followed by one of us saying "FREAK!"


Often I have thought that one of us was born in the wrong generation... Either Mam too early, or me too late! For there is no one I would call a better friend then she...

I LOVE my Mam! kiss kiss!

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful mother is such a treasure. You are blessed & I'm sure she feels the same about you. <3

    ReplyDelete