09 July 2011

Relax, Just do it!

Everyone is talking about the fast past times we live in, and although I am an old soul at heart and love the simple things in life, I often fall prey to stress and worry. Sleepless hours laying in the dark are testament in their own right to my over active brain, (and imagination).
Something I may not have been able to portray through my writing patten is how excitable I can be in person. Growing up I was constantly being told by my parents to 'calm down Sarah', or to 'lower the volume'; you see, when I get lost in my excitement I loose all consciousness of the pitch/volume I am talking in.

So this brings me to the point of where I'm going with all of this... Relaxing.

Being in my family has meant my siblings and I were raised always aware that one must work for their 'keep'. And now, being older and my family having the two different businesses.(Here and Here)
'Free' time is short, 'Job/To-Do lists' are long.
After a long day, be it at the shop or running errands, doing any number of odd job both for business and personal gain. I find it hard to slow things down and take it easy. Even if it is just my brain going hell for leather bouncing ideas back and forth.
It is as though the ancient art of relaxing has passed on by me, and I don't know what to do with it. Or how to go about it.
My brain interprets it as relax = nothing.
My question, which is getting lost in all these words is this: What do you do to unwind at the end of  your day? And how do you like to spend your evenings?

I need a chill pill!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Love
Sarah-Mechelle

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11 July, 2011

    Relaxation can be so hard to come by when life is so busy!

    I like to settle down with a cup of hot tea, a book, and some calm music. Also, cooking for pleasure at night (even if I end up just storing the food for the next day) is relaxing to me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how you feel.
    take some time for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete