03 March 2009

3rd March: Miracle

This morning God sent me a miracle. 7ks from home, on a dirt road, taking my dog to the vet I lost control of my car went careering off the road. I came to stop between two rather large trees, either of which could have caused a lot more damage than did occur.
Although the car is beyond getting fixed, I (and my dog) walked away without a scratch.
I have never been in an accident before; the road upon which it occurred is a very quiet place, it was only after walking for nearly an hour that a car came along and dropped me off home.
I am amazed at how many things can flash through your mind in such a moment. I can clearly remember at least 15 different things I had been thinking at the time. Is it only in the event of a life threatening situation that we realise these things that our lives should be about..?
It would not be quite honest to make you think it was a serious accident. But it could have been. It certainly makes you realise that God is watching our lives, and keeping us safe. I have also been overwhelmed with the idea that He must have something in mind for me to do, that I haven't done yet.
When my Dad came up there with me to look at the damage later in the afternoon, he said "You know there is an Angel up in Heaven with skid-marks on his back that will want a word with you!" That somehow put it all in prospective for me.
We are here for a purpose. God has a plan for us, though we may never know the extent of what that is.


2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you are alright Sarah!! Wow, was it scary?

    I am sorry to not have contacted you in a while, we have had a pretty busy first part of the year!

    How are you all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thank the Lord you werent hurt! That looks pretty nasty... Sorry you had to walk home for an hour! Wow, that is a long way. Haha :) Hope your doing ok now.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete