08 February 2009

8th February: Country Entertainment

Guess what I went to?







Hot sun beating down upon the earth, the air smelling of dirt, sweat, and sh!t. Sounds like a perfect day for a rodeo. Now we all know at such events there are a sea of cowboys (I -of coarse- am referring to the hats!) and this one came with no exception.
I enjoyed the day with my brother and his girl friend, sitting in the shade of a tarp pulled and pinned much like a tent.
Watching man and horse and bull battle it out in the arena before us.
Some boys for our town were signed up to ride in the days events, which made one feel a little more connected to the goings on; I have never been to a rodeo where I have watched someone I know.
The day brought about my brother saying how one of our 'local riders' is going to give him some coaching so he can enter in the next time the rodeo is here again. (Apparently that is around June-July...) Cant wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love your polas and your description Sarah. There is something so inexcusably masculine and ridiculous about rodeos but that doesn't stop me wanting to go to one! And boy am I excited about the Pumkpin Ball and festival... It looks like I can only come for Friday and Saturday though.

    ReplyDelete