09 January 2010

9th January: Sow, a needle pulling thread


Do creative people always finish what they start? As a little girl I always had big ideas of things I wanted to make, or try. I loved drawing (not particularly good, mind) things that I would turn into actual objects.

This year ahead is the year of reckoning. Of freeing myself of the weight of unfinished projects, half done nothings that have burdened my creative juices with the guilt of knowing I shouldn't start something new, until the something unfinished is complete.

So here it is, NUMBER THREE!

Every month to complete something creative, weather it be a new project or an old haunt.

My fingers came out unscaved after spending hours today ironing and pinning. This particular quilt I started at somewhere between my tenth and twelfth year... (YES, I know, I KNOW!) with all the squares cut entirely from dresses I wore as a girl-child.



I can hardly wait to show you it finished at the end of the month... Wish me luck here people!

My love to you,
Sarah~Mechelle

3 comments:

  1. You can do it dear heart! And its going to be brilliant; I too am working on a new quilt at the moment. And will think of you as I stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason your updated blogs seem to take a few days to filter through to France! Anyway, love the quilt. But remember that the joy is in the doing, not the rush to finish a project.
    Am looking forward to seeing the finished article, though. Funny thing is that I am having a 'finishing things off' time. Must be the time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for tackling a quilt! Something I've never had the courage to do :-) I will wish you well in finishing it. It feels so good to finish projects, rather than leave then undone.

    ReplyDelete