18 May 2010

To Share With You

A poem lost to the pages of a note book.
I wanted to share this one with you.

If only I could be these four walls,
that look upon you while you sleep.
These walls that keep you safe at night
protected from the wind and rain.

If only I could be these four walls,
that you paint as often as your nails.
To be the canvas for you to pin,
memories, curiosities, pretties that make you smile.

If only I could be these four walls
that listen intently when you read out loud-
That gets to see your face
when in your mind you are dreaming of adventure.

If only I could be these four walls,
the first place you run when you feel alone,
to be your comfort through all pain,
to keep the world out when you need a break.

If only I could be these four walls.


I trust you are well friends,
As is always the case, my love to you...
Sarah~Mechelle

2 comments:

  1. hey! I'm new on here, I was lookin through blogs and yours was inspiring. I LOVE your 100 things to do in 2010. That's an amazing idea. I think I'm going to start making a list as well. :)
    -Sarah (oh yeah and i'm a sarah too :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poem.

    ReplyDelete